Rain and Pakoras go hand in hand. These crispy corn fritters or Pakoras make a perfect tea-time treat.
- 1 cup corn kernel fresh or frozen
- 4 tbsp. chickpea flour or besan
- 2 tbsp. chopped coriander leaves
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp. Chaat masala or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. red chilly powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
Method; peel and chop onion finely. Grind corn kernel to make a coarse paste.
Take a large vessel and add all the ingredients together except oil.
Heat oil in a wok and drop small portions of batter in it.
Fry the Pakoras till they turn golden brown in colour.
Serve hot Corn fritters or Pakoras with green chutney or tomato sauce.
Grate a fresh corn and use in the recipe for better taste.
Replace 2 tbsp. of chickpea flour with rice flour more more crispy fritters.