Paneer Paoras or cottage cheese fritters are a common street food in many parts of India. I like to use Tofu to make these fritters,.A delicious tea time treat Tofu fritters are easy and quick to make.
- 1 cup Tofu cubes
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 1/2 cup corn flour (makki ka atta)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint and coriander leaves
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- Salt as desired
- Oil for deep frying
Method; Cut small cubes of Tofu.
Add chickpea flour (besan), courn flour (makki ka atta), red chilly powder, turmeric powder (haldi), cumin powder, chaat masala, shredded mint and coriander leaves, salt in large bowl and mix well. Pour buttermilk and make a thick batter.
Make sure the batter is slightly thick in consistency to coat it well around each Tofu cube.
Heat oil in a large flat pan.
Dip each Tofu cube in the batter and put it in the hot oil. Deep fry all the paneer cubes till they turn golden brown in colour, stirring once or twice in between.
Serve these delicious snack of Tofuhttp://litebite.in/recipes-tofu-malai-koftas-and-stuffed-okra/ fritters with any green chutney or tomato sauce.
- Use Cottage cheese or Paneer in place of Tofu and make yummy Paneer Pakoras.
- Increase the quantity of red chilly powder if you like spicy treats. You can add finely chopped green chillies in the batter too.