Cheese fingers are a favorite for my kids and is a must for all the parties we host for our friends. A very handy and scrumptious snack, which can also be baked to reduce the fats in it.
(makes 20 cheese fingers)
- 4 cubes of cheese
- 6 slices of brown bread
- 1/4 cup of Fresh or frozen peas and carrot
- 1 tsp of Black pepper powder
- salt as desired
- Beard crumbs
- Oil for deep frying
Remove the sides of the bread and crumble it with hands.
Peel and dice the carrots in very fine cubes. If you are using frozen peas and carrots just add it to the crumbled bread.
Take a big vessel and mix the grated cheese, crumbled bread, veggies and rest of the ingredients. Mix it thoroughly.
Take a little of the above mix and give a shape of elongated finger. Make all the cheese fingers and keep aside.
Heat oil in a wok and deep fry all the cheese fingers till they turn crisp and golden brown in color.
Serve these crispy Cheese Fingers with tomato sauce or Corinader Chutney.
- The cheese fingers can be stored in refrigerator without frying for quite some time.
- Take out the frozen fingers, thaw them and deep fry as and when needed.
- A great picnic and party Snack option.
- Cheese in it makes it a high calorie food for the growing children.
Cheese Finger goes to the Snacks category on Tasty Bites;
|Tasty Bites Events|