Muffins are a good snack option for kids in school. I normally use wholewheat flour or other whole grains to make Muffins. But my kids often love the bakery muffins which use refined flour and comes out to be fluffy and light in texture. This recipe use refined flour and makes the same.
- 11/2 cups of refined flour
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp of curd
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp. of Vanilla essence
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Preserved cherries
Add Vanilla essence, curd and milk in the butter and sugar mixture. Stir and mix all the ingredients gently.
Pour the liquid ingredients in the dry flour mix. Fold the batter lightly, do not over mix.
Take out the moulds and let it cool. Remove the Vanilla muffins from the mould and serve hot with a cup of milk.
- Refined flour and butter gives a light texture to the muffins.
- Curd in the recipe is a good equivalent for eggs.
- Refined flour is not a healthy option, but it does give very light and fluffy muffins.
- Brush the top of muffins with milk and bake it again for 1 minute to get a glaze on it.