Tea time snacks are the most awaited time during rainy days and on weekends. These Veggie Fitters aka Pakoras fit into the bill perfectly. Easy to make, crispy and delicious snack which can be transformed into many new varieties with different vegetables and flours in it.
This veggie fritter is the most common way to make these scrumptious snack. And using the same batter you can make fritters with any vegetable of your choice.
(makes 30 35 fritters)
- 1 cup of chickpea flour/besan
- 3 tsp. of rice flour
- 1/4 cup of yogurt/curd
- Vegetables of your choice
- 1 tsp. of chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp. of Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp. of Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp. of Cumin powder/Jeera
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Salt as desired
- Water to make the batter
- Oil for deep frying
ridge guard, bitter guard etc are very good option.
Wash and cut the vegetables in very thin slices.
For making the batter, take a big hollow vessel and add chickpea flour and rice flour in it. Add all the dry spices and powders into it and mix thoroughly.
Pour the yogurt and add water little by little to make a thick batter.
If you are using corn or fresh peas, mix them in the batter with sliced oninon and then deep fry them using a small spoonful of this batter in the oil.
- Do not remove the skin from vegetables which are fresh and have thin skin.
- Rice flour in the batter gives crisp texture to these Veggie fritters.
- Serve the fritters with green chutney or tomato sauce.
Healthy Snack on Lite Bite.